[Gems-users] Magic instruction fails to stop cpu & enter debugger

Date: 7 Jun 2010 09:52:30 -0000
From: "lopamudra chatterjee" <lopamudralopa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Magic instruction fails to stop cpu & enter debugger
Hi,

I have used the MAGIC(0x40000) in code before start of parallel section.
Now if before loading ruby I do magic-break-enable & start the programs then I am getting the following error :

send mondo timeout [4836707 NACK 0 BUSY]
IDSR 0x80 cpuids:0x7
panic:failed to stop cpu7.
panic[cpu15]/thread=30002255000:send mondo set :timeout
Then it shows message telling that it fails to stop all the processors.& then it enters a debugger.

But this does not occur if I first load ruby & then start the processes.
My target is a 16 core abisko machine running solaris 10 & benchmark is water.

Any idea how this error could be prevented?

Thanks & Regards,
Lopamudra Chatterjee