Re: [Gems-users] Magic instruction fails to stop cpu & enter debugger

Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 07:32:18 -0600
From: Dan Gibson <degibson@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Magic instruction fails to stop cpu & enter debugger
The error you are seeing happens because the target OS cannot deliver an interrupt to a cpu (in this case cpu7). The OS thinks the CPU is malfunctioning, and panics.

Usually, when I see this error, it is because someone has disabled a CPU. This sort of thing is unrelated to simple magic breakpoints.

Are you disabling CPUs? If so, you are leaving them disabled for too long.
Are you running with a checkpoint you took while Ruby was loaded? If so, you must manually edit the checkpoint to set all CPU stall_times to zero.

Regards,
Dan