[Gems-users] Re: Magic instruction fails to stop cpu & enter debugger

Date: 7 Jun 2010 16:43:01 -0000
From: "lopamudra chatterjee" <lopamudralopa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Re: Magic instruction fails to stop cpu & enter debugger
Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply. I made all the stall_times =0 & now it is working fine.

Regards,
Lopamudra Chatterjee

On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 19:16:48 +0530 wrote
>The error you are seeing happens because the target OS cannot deliver an interrupt to a cpu (in this case cpu7). The OS thinks the CPU is malfunctioning, and panics.

Usually, when I see this error, it is because someone has disabled a CPU. This sort of thing is unrelated to simple magic breakpoints.

Are you disabling CPUs? If so, you are leaving them disabled for too long.
Are you running with a checkpoint you took while Ruby was loaded? If so, you must manually edit the checkpoint to set all CPU stall_times to zero.

Regards,
Dan

Hi,