[Gems-users] error "This command requires a processor to be defined"

Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 10:00:54 -0800 (PST)
From: Michel <md_19792003@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] error "This command requires a processor to be defined"
Dear all,

I am a newbie on GEMS and I have a  problem to run a bechmark.
I follow the following step in the mentioned link.
when I run simics > c in step 2 (red line), I received the error "This command requires a processor to be defined"

How can I define a processor architecture? What should I do?

https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/gems-users/2006-October/msg00101.shtml
1. make OS Checkpoint

cd GEMS/simics-2.2.19/home/sarek
./simics
simics> write-configuration CHKPT_DIR/sarek-16p.check
simics> quit

2. make cold Checkpoint

since I wish to "use MOESI_CMP_directory",
cd GEMS/simics-2.2.19/home/MOESI_CMP_token
./simics
simics> read-configuration CHKPT_DIR/sarek-16p.check
(simics> magic-break-enable) <== I didn't take this step since my application didn't have MAGIC_BREAKPOINT.
simics> c

<YellowConsole> /mount /host
<YellowConsole> cd /host/MyAPP/
<YellowConsole> myapp 100
myapp showed correct results here in YellowConsole.

simics>CTRL+C
simics> write-configuration CHKPT_DIR/myapp-cold-16p.check
simics> quit

3. make warm Checkpoint
cd GEMS/simics-2.2.19/home/MOESI_CMP_token

./simics -stall
#Read configuration
simics> read-configuration CHKPT_DIR/myapp-cold-16p.check
#Load python scripts
simics> @sys.path.append("../../../gen-scripts");
simics> @import mfacet

#Configure Simics
simics> instruction-fetch-mode instruction-fetch-trace
simics> istc-disable
simics>dstc-disable
(simics> magic-break-enable) <== I didn't take this step since my application didn't have MAGIC_BREAKPOINT.

#Load module
simics> load-module ruby

#Initialize
simics> ruby0.init