[Gems-users] Cache to Cache transfer

Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 23:50:18 +0530
From: Bharat Singh <bharatsingh430@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Cache to Cache transfer
Hi everyone,

I am using MSI_MOSI_CMP_directory protocol with 4 processors on a single chip.
I am trying to modify the cache replacement policy, and I want to spill cache entries. So for that I want to transfer data between 2 processors. I have no problems if this has to be done randomly between processors. I want to transfer a cache block to another cache depending on a bit which I am getting in CacheProbe function in CacheMemory.h. So if that bit is set I will update the bit and transfer the cache block to another cache else I will evict the block. I want to know is there a function or a set of functions in Ruby which help us in implementing Cache to Cache transfers. Its not been a long time since I have been using Ruby so excuse me for my ignorance. Any information regarding the above problem will be very useful. Thanks in advance.

--
Bharat Singh
3rd Year Comp. Sci and Engg.