Re: [Gems-users] How to create a new Cache configuration with L3 Cache

Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 18:30:44 -0400
From: Greg Byrd <gbyrd@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] How to create a new Cache configuration with L3 Cache
Depends on what you want and what you're used to, I guess.  It's certainly the case that you can't just set a configuration flag to make this happen.  But it's not that difficult.

(1) Create components for the L2 and L3 caches, meaning write SLICC files for them.
(2) Build a custom network to connect all the components to switches.
(3) Figure out how to address the correct component when you have a cache miss.

If you look at the current CMP protocols, you should see code examples for all of the above.

...Greg