Re: [Gems-users] Gems patch for simics 4.2

Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 13:32:02 +0000
From: mostafa m hassan <mostafa.m.hassan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Gems patch for simics 4.2
No answer on the above question ....???

did not any body use this patch ??

From: mostafa m hassan
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2011 5:19 PM
To: gems-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Gems patch for simics 4.2

Dear All,

I have installed Simics 4.2 and installed it successfully on a ubuntu 11.04 32-bit machine.
After that I got GEMS and followed the GEMS_UBUNTU.pdf  to get gems working successfully with my simics.

However, I know that this document is intended for a previous version of simics and I have to apply the GEMS2.1.1_Patch1

I downloaded the path , untar it ..... I got 4 files ....but I did not know how to apply the patch !
what should I do with theses files :

flatten.patch
compiler.update
make.x86.target.work
series

I got no release notes not instruction guide to apply the patch

Thanks in advance for your time

Sincerely,
Mostafa Mahmoud
TA Faculty of Engineering