[Gems-users] Lazy TM hangs during commit

Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 12:09:06 -0400
From: Gwendolyn Voskuilen <gwendolyn.voskuilen@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Lazy TM hangs during commit
Hi,
I am running TM using lazy (LL) on the the stamp benchmarks. The threads keep getting stuck at commit because one thread acquires the write token, begins flushing its buffer, and then stops without finishing the buffer flush and never releases the token. This doesn't happen immediately (many commits occur without a problem) but it's happening consistently in intruder, kmeans, genome, and ssca2. I have XACT_MEMORY=true, XACT_EAGER_CD=false, and XACT_LAZY_VM=true, all set at compile time. The benchmarks run fine under eager and we are avoiding malloc/other syscalls in transaction. Has anyone seen this before? Or have any ideas what might be happening?

Thanks in advance,

Gwen