[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Condor-users] MSI install
- Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 11:49:35 -0500
- From: Colin Stolley <stolley@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Condor-users] MSI install
> I'm trying to build a custom MSI install of condor. So far I have build
> customized versions of condor_local and condor_local.config but not sure
> what registry keys or any further customization need to be done.
Here's a few tips:
1. You can use MSI to treat the config files in the same manner in handles
windows INI files. We allow our config files to contain lines starting
with '[', which to Condor is a comment, but to MSI is the beginning of
a section in the INI file.
2. The only registry key you need to worry about is:
This string tells Condor where the main config file for that machine
is located (path and filename).
3. You'll also have to install Condor as a service, and you'll want to
make sure that it's set up to run as local system.