Re: [Condor-users] condor_submit and PhP??

John,
     I saw similar behaviour in getting R jobs to run in bog standard condor. My
guess was that condor is executing - condor-reuse-vmx user - in a strange
environment that doesn't have appropriate pathing etc. In my case the solution
was to change the job to a batch file and force it to shell out recreating the
environment. The manual for windows talks about this approach....

Cheers Paul

|--------+------------------------>
|        |          John Wheez    |
|        |          <john@xxxxxxxx|
|        |          om>           |
|        |                        |
|        |          15/08/2004    |
|        |          01:31 PM      |
|        |          Please respond|
|        |          to john;      |
|        |          Please respond|
|        |          to            |
|        |          Condor-Users  |
|        |          Mail List     |
|        |                        |
|--------+------------------------>
  |      To:     condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx                                      |
  |      cc:     (bcc: Paul Chubb/Staff/ABS)                                   |
  |      Subject:     [Condor-users] condor_submit and PhP??                   |

I'm developing some interfaces for condor using WWW and PhP.

I've got one application WWW interface ready and it works great.

But some some reson, the second application is giving me a hard time. If
i manually execute condor_submit via windows command line using the
scripts that PhP outputs my job works fine and renders....but when php
tries to execute condor_submit i always get this in my error log
"error: initialization failed: unable to locate binary"

condor_submit is in the windows path and i set teh working directory to
teh saem location as my submit file before Php issues the shell command...

Very odd...any1 else notice this before??

JW.