Re: [Condor-users] Question about transferring files and default dirs

I am submitting a job from this folder /home/anayar/mw/examples/cactus to a
condor pool and i my submit file I am transferring input files located in the
same dir, now on other machines in the pool I have a /home/anayar dir but
nothing inside it, will it be a problem when the job runs since it cannot
find the path.

Condor doesn't transfer files to the same directory on the other computer. From Section 2.5.4 of the manual:

Condor will transfer any files needed by a job from the machine where the job was submitted into a temporary working directory on the machine where the job is to be executed.

If you want to use file transfer, this is a good section to read.

If your job expects to find files in a particular directory, it may be upset. Condor will make a directory that looks the same, run the job, then clean up the directory when you are done. This is a good way to go, but it requires that you don't hard code full pathnames in your program.

This is also a MW question, because the code runs through but all the MWprint
statements given in the Worker and Task classes dont seem to get printed in
the out_master.file, so how do I know where it is going wrong??

I don't have any experience with MW, so I can't help you with this, sorry.

-alain