RE: [Condor-users] Condor View scripts

Perl is free and can easily be installed as long as you update your installer if it is too old.

NTFS paths?? (never heard of them!) The only difference I am aware of that in MSDOS/MS Windows apart from physical difference in path location front-slashes are used for switches whilst in unix it is used for the path so all / to \.

Java works fine on windows and you can use apache instead of iis.

Crontab translation in windows is the Scheduled task, it can run as a user eg admin or any other. Alternatively you may use the AT command

Alternatively you can convert most scripts to a windows batch files if you are very intelligent (!)  if you don’t like to install perl (security issues) or use any other windows scripting languages or SFU.

Alan Arokiam,

The Materials Modelling Group,

Materials Science and Engineering,

Department of Engineering,