Re: [Condor-users] Win32 Version more questions(Newbie)

On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 03:59:46PM +0000, matthew hope wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 09:39:48 -0600, Erik Paulson <epaulson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 09:55:24AM -0500, N wrote:
> > >
> > > It is possible to alter the command shell utilized by Condor to execute jobs?
> > >     I wish to use 4NT instead of CMD since it is considerably more flexible.
> > >
> > > Is there a facility to execute my own initialization at service start (via VBScript or some other script)?
> > >     I wish to setup "mount points" aka "mapped drives" like the users home
> > >     drive and the common run directories.
> > >

> > You can use the USER_JOB_WRAPPER:
> >
> > http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.6.7/3_3Configuration.html#9044
> >
> > It's going to get executed by cmd.exe, but then you could exec 4NT and
> > map whatever drives you want.
>
> Ah - I was mistaken - I interpretted the docs as saying this was unix
> only (since they explicity mention exec() and fork()).

I'm not sure from the docs if it would work on Windows either, though I think
it would. (I took a look at the code, it looks like we allow it under Windows)

I've never tried it, and am not near a windows install of Condor so I can't
try it for a while.

-Erik