RE: RE: RE: [Condor-users] Condor and batch Matlab problem

 Hi Andrey

 I modified the PATH to the one you suggested and tried also with the
/nojvm option, but there is no change.

 I believe that if it was a path problem, it would issue a message error
and exit, that is how it behaved when it could

not find the executable in some earlier tests.

 Regarding the log file, you are right about the discrepancy, but that is
just a "human" error.
I experimented with more than one ".m" file and that
is why I copied the wrong line from the log. But it is
the same error even with test.m

 Since the first post, I have experimented with other
sample condor submit scripts for matlab I have found
on the web, and all behave in the same way.

 I would like to emphasize that although the job hangs,
all files are there and if I run the job from the condor temporary
directory it works just fine.

 I have read in the matlab help that even if it is possible
to have the "batch" behavior and not to have anything
showing on the screen, a window is still created even
with /nodesktop, /minimize etc switches.

 When I run from the command line, I can see a small icon
popping in the taskbar which means there is some sort of
"interactivity" involved.
 Is it possible that the condor daemon on the execute machine is trying to
"spit" the window on the screen but
there is no screen to use and that could cause the blocking of the job?

 What version of matlab are you using? Anyone using
matlab 6.5 student version?

 Thanks and regards
 Gabriel

>"Andrey Kaliazin" <A.Kaliazin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>Hi Gabriel
>>
>>Have you tried the Matlab option /nojvm ?
>>It prevents launching the Java VM, which is responsible for desktop
>>environment and windows.
>>
>>Also it would be better not cut down the PATH as you did. Windows default
>>paths should be there at least:
>>environment =
PATH=c:\matlab_sv13\bin\win32;c:\windows;c:\windows\system32

>>also in your log -
>>> 7/14 16:01:06 About to exec C:\WINDOWS\System32\cmd.exe /Q /C
>>> condor_exec.bat /r x /logfile log.txt
>>> 7/14 16:01:06 Create_Process succeeded, pid=2160
>>
>>arguments are not exactly the same as in the sub file! -
>>> arguments = /r test /logfile log.txt
>>
>>something is not quite right here.
>>
>>cheers,
>>
>>Andrey

>>> Universe = vanilla
>>> Requirements = ((Arch == "INTEL" && OpSys == "WINNT51"))
>>> should_transfer_files = YES
>>> whenToTransferOutput = ON_EXIT
>>> transfer_input_files = a.dat,b.dat,test.m
>>> environment = PATH=c:\matlab_sv13\bin\win32
>>> arguments = /r test /logfile log.txt
>>> log = mat.log
>>> Output = mat.out