RE: [Condor-users] how to terminate jobs automatically

> > A vacate-lite functionality for windows would be nice:
> > A seperate file was declared in the submit file which would
> be copied on
> > vacate to the shadow and then copied back to the new
> machine to allow
> > persistance of data without needing any hacky freely avail
> network shares
> > or transmission of db/filesystem passwords...
> >
> > the user's app still needs to know about the file and
> manage it's own
> > persitance but with considerable security improvements...
>
> Yes I agree. Very long running apps are likely to have some restart
> capabilty
> built in anyway so the code changes should be small.

having re-read http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.7/2_5Submitting_Job.html#sec:file-transfer it isn't clear whether or not this is actually achievable now

Does an additional input file that is modified get copied back in modified form? does it work only if you specify it as an input as well?

Matt

Gloucester Research Limited believes the information
provided herein is reliable. While every care has been
taken to ensure accuracy, the information is furnished
to the recipients with no warranty as to the completeness
and accuracy of its contents and on condition that any
errors or omissions shall not be made the basis for any
claim, demand or cause for action.