Re: [Condor-users] Specs for the Central Manager machine ?

Thanks Nick.

looks like we won't need to budget too much for that.

Andrew.

Nick LeRoy wrote:

On Mon July 26 2004 8:38 pm, Andrew Mellanby wrote:

Hi,

What are the guidelines for specifing a machine to run the central manager
?

We may have a condor pool of the order of 1000 machines and we'd really
like to make sure we don't cripple an existing server by installing the
manager on it.

Here's a reference point, at least. At UW/CS, our pool currently has ~ 900 VMs. Here's a snippet from /proc/cpuinfo on our CM:

model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.26GHz
stepping        : 4
cpu MHz         : 2289.239
cache size      : 512 KB

This machine has no other duties, and it's load average seems to be pretty steady between 0.20 and 0.40.

Hope this helps

-Nick