Re: [Condor-users] Where are Mac users ?

We try to install and configure Condor on a G5 cluster and we face some troubles. We search others mac users who could give us some advice.

Probably your troubles are not Mac specific. Condor works very similar on the Mac as it does on other platforms.

We installed Condor on three computers : a manager, a submiter and a executer and we don't understand how to allow the communication between its.

It looks like your sentence got cut off, and I'm not sure what you are saying. What do you mean by "allow the communication between its"?

Are you getting errors somewhere? Could you tell us what the errors are?

If you are seeing permission denied errors, you may need to configure the HOSTALLOW_* configuration variables. Check out this part of the manual:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.6/3_7Security_In.html#SECTION00475300000000000000

Could someone give us some information and perhaps send us examples of condor_config files ?

Condor is distributed with a number of condor_config files: look in the etc/examples directory.

If you can be more specific with your questions, I'm sure we can help you out.

-alain

Alain Roy                             University of Wisconsin-Madison
Condor Project Research               Department of Computer Sciences
roy@xxxxxxxxxxx                       1210 W. Dayton St.
+1 608 265 5736                       Madison, WI 53706-1685 USA