Re: [Condor-users] Requeueing a job from an execution client?

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 11:44:47AM -0700, Ian Chesal wrote:
> Is it possible to requeue a job, send it back to the scheduler, while
> it's executing on the client from that client, from within the job. If
> you had a control script that represented your job and you hit some bad
> state could you send the job back to the scheduler?

Have the job exit, and set your exit requirements appropriately.
See the on_exit_remove option to condor_submit:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.6/condor_submit.html

> I'm thinking
> condor_vacate is what I'd want to call but I can't see how a job would
> know which VM on a machine it was running on...

Conveniently, condor_vacate doesn't know about VMs anyway :)

(There's also the CONDOR_VM environment variable that the job should have
in it's environment, see
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.6.5/2_5Submitting_Job.html#2141 )

-Erik