RE: [Condor-users] Requeueing a job from an execution client?

The -help from condor_vacate says:

"If you specify a virtual machine(for example, "vm1@hostname"), only
that machine will be vacated."

However there isn't a CONDOR_VM environment variable present when a
vanilla job runs. I dumped the environment from my perl script and I'm
getting:

Environment is:
        BATCHSYSTEMFTPSERVER = 192.168.0.55
        COMPUTERNAME = TTC-TESTBATCH01
        COMSPEC = C:\WINNT\system32\cmd.exe
        CONDOR_INHERIT = 1108 <192.168.0.100:2820> 0 0
        NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS = 2
        OS = Windows_NT
        PATH =
C:\mks\mksnt;C:\Perl\bin\;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT;C:\WINNT\Sys
tem32\Wbem;c:\condor\bin;n:\condor\bin;
        PATHEXT = .COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.JS;.WS
        PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE = x86
        PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER = x86 Family 6 Model 5 Stepping 2,
GenuineIntel
        PROCESSOR_LEVEL = 6
        PROCESSOR_REVISION = 0502
        PROGRAMFILES = C:\Program Files
        PROMPT = $P$G
        PWD = C:/condor/execute/dir_1108
        SYSTEMDRIVE = C:
        SYSTEMROOT = C:\WINNT
        TEMP = C:\WINNT\TEMP
        WINDIR = C:\WINNT
        _CONDOR_SCRATCH_DIR = C:\condor\execute\dir_1108

I did play with the exit status stuff but it wasn't playing well with my
perl script. It seemed to end the job no matter what exit status I
returned.

Ian

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.6/condor_submit.html

> I'm thinking
> condor_vacate is what I'd want to call but I can't see how a job would

> know which VM on a machine it was running on...

Conveniently, condor_vacate doesn't know about VMs anyway :)

(There's also the CONDOR_VM environment variable that the job should
have in it's environment, see
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.6.5/2_5Submitting_Job.html#2141
)

-Erik