Re: [Condor-users] Condor install for OS X, Windows, Linux

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 15:45:38 -0600  Matt Baker wrote:

> I read somewhere on the Condor site that the Darwin only supports
> vanilla jobs?

sort of.  it's a "clipped" port, which means no checkpointing or PVM
support.

> Is this still true

yes.

> and does this mean I cannot create jobs with checkpoint support?

yes, that's right.  no checkpointing on OS X (yet).

> Is Java support out of the quesiton?

java, vanilla, scheduler universe, and MPI should all work fine on OS
X.

> Also, I'm working on a Condor package installer for OS X, if
> anyone's interested in contributing and thoughts, please let me
> know.

we're definitely interested.  let us know how it goes.  if we can
automate your changes and start regularly distributing Condor for OS X
via a native package installer, that'd be great.  thanks,

-derek (condor team)