Re: [Condor-users] performance issue....

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 11:18:50 -0700, bruce <bedouglas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> cool.....
>
> ok.. one more question that i forgot! if i run multiple apps from a single
> submit as my example, will the log file show information for each app, or
> for each submit job??
>
> if the log file essentially only gives information at the job level instead
> of for each app being run within the job, then i could take advantadge and
> just have lots of submit jobs, one for each app i have to run...

you do not have to be constrained in that way even if you use one
submit file for each 'class' of jobs.

if you extend the examples at

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.7/2_5Submitting_Job.html

to include the $(Cluster) macro then you can set

log = MYLog.$(Cluster).$(Process).log

or somesuch, then everything gets a different log (until you change
the schedd so that the clusterids are no longer unique but that should
be a reasonable amount of time and you can always force through noop
jobs till the number is monotonic.

Matt