Re: [Condor-users] Condor / AMD Opteron / Windows

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 09:50:47 +0200, Bräcklein, Rainer
<rainer.braecklein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I' ve a short question. We will use condor software with Windows OS with any
> AMD Opteron Servers. The master should be an Intel based server. It's
> possible to use this configuration?

Given that you could run the master on a unix box on a totally
different architechture (see posts passim) I think you can safely
assume that's the case...

It surprises me the number of people who think that AMD based machines
won't play nice with Intel ones...

One question to ask that is more reasonable is "how muchin
house/external testing has occured on windows 64 bit edition betas
with condor"

This would apply to both flavours of x86 64bit extensions

I can see this being a popular choice for a windows calc farm once
it's out of beta due to the increased addressing space (and intel's
optimizing compiler release).

Matt