Re: [Condor-users] Condor job submission delayed

Machines show up in condor_status, the queue can be queried with
condor_q and the machines execute batch-jobs ok. The only glitch is,
that I can't submit from Windows machines due to a faulty
"condor_store_cred add" command (see my other mail from 2004-08-31).
Did you ever try to call from an english Version? We started using Condor with
version 6.4.7 and it was impossible to use with a german Win2000. After several
bugfixes that did not solve all problems we switched our master to an english XP, and everything
was fine. (Not really a solution for Desktop machines, but at least an explanation)

Maybe you could point me to the right log-file/debug-setting to dig
deeper into this issues.
The negotiatorlog and the schedlog on the master might be good points to start.
If you still see nothing try to set the logging level of NEGOTIATOR_DEBUG and SCHEDD_DEBUG to D_FULLDEBUG.

| If you have to wait for 30 minutes, it would point to a more serious | problem in the negotiation between master and clients.

That seems to be the case, I think. But it is not consistent and I don't
know where to look for hints on what might be wrong.
Did you ever try to restart the condor service on one of the idle machines to see if it starts immediately? It's a crude way to see whether to look on master or client.

If you want, I could send submit-files and parts (or all) of the logfiles in question for further analysis by people who actually understand Condor. :-)
I do not think that i really understand Condor - like most other users I just bend it in a way that works for us ;-)

Greetings Ralf