Re: [Condor-users] Windows XP service pack 2

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 11:33:10AM +0100, Wilding, Kevan A wrote:
> Hi,
>    We have condor 6.6.1 running fine at the University of Essex, but
> since upgrading all the windows machines to service pack 2, it appears
> that connections are being refused. The firewall has been opened to
> allow condor_submit, which is automatically stated as being blocked when
> trying to submit a job, but little detail is available about why jobs
> are not running on the remote machines. The master is a linux box, so
> this is not the problem, but most of the pool are windows.
>
>   This all worked fine before upgrading to SP2.

A default XP2 install will break Condor.

In Condor 6.6.7 we will have added a feature to the condor_master which
adds the various condor daemons to the "trusted applications" list for
the firewall. Applications in this list are excepted from the firewall.

Until that release is available, you will have to add the condor daemons
to the trusted list yourself. The netsh command line utility allows you
to make such additions. Remember to add the condor_master, condor_startd,
condor_schedd, and condor_shadow and condor_starter - they're transient
daemons, but are important.

UW Madison Condor Team