Re: [Condor-users] condor under domains in XP

Seems to be a common problem, dig in the archives for this. It might be
a problem with authentication (I have this here, if I try to
"condor_store_cred add" with my domain-wide windows-username "saric" I
get the same error, the logfiles say that "saric@PROTEOM-CENTRUM"
(PROTEOM-CENTRUM beeing the name of the NT4-style domain run by a
Samba-Server over here) cannot be found (of course not, because
PROTEOM-CENTRUM is not a machine-name our DNS knows)).

Kevan is on the right track here. I will openly admit that I don't know why Windows can't resolve a domain name without a record in DNS. Some KB articles that might help explain at least how to deal with this issue:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;237675
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;257623
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;258503

There's also a more general page that points to these and other relevant articles:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/technologies/communications/dns/dnskbs.asp

9/9 11:47:43 DaemonCore: PERMISSION DENIED to unknown user from host
<10.9.4.40:1973> for command 479 (STORE_CRED)

This is a simple Condor problem. STORE_CRED is a WRITE command, and therefore requires HOSTALLOW_WRITE access. Check your config file to make sure the machine at 10.9.4.40 is listed in this schedd's HOSTALLOW_WRITE access list.

Colin