RE: [Condor-users] gracefully remove nodes from pool

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004, Ian Chesal wrote:

> Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 12:04:03 -0700
> From: Ian Chesal <ICHESAL@xxxxxxxxxx>
> To: Condor-Users Mail List <condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: RE: [Condor-users] gracefully remove nodes from pool
>
> You want to use condor_off with the -peaceful flag which tells it to
> wait indefinitly for running jobs to finish before turning off condor on
> the machines. Like this:
>
> condor_off -peaceful <machine1> [<machine2>...]

I was trying to do exactly the same thing as Andrew has asked about. I
tried:

condor_off -graceful -name <machine1> [<machine2>...]

It did remove schedd and startd on the remote machines. However, when
condor_startd was removed, the running job was also removed immediately.
(I am running Condor 6.6.5) I was hoping that I could keep the job
running until finished but not to take any more new jobs. Any advice?

Thanks.