Re: [Condor-users] Re: NEVER MIND Condor Bug: Condor Status reatins old machine info after changing OS type.

On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 17:14 -0600, Derek Wright wrote:

> if your shutdown script gives the startd fair warning and tries to
> gracefully shut it down (e.g. SIGTERM, not SIGQUIT or SIGKILL), the
> startd will send an ad to the collector to "invalidate" itself so that
> it doesn't show up in the collector anymore.  if your machines
> regularly reboot to switch OS's, you should think about doing a
> "condor_off" a few minutes before the scheduled reboots to give condor
> a chance to clean itself up.

So for an 'execute-only' workstation, just running condor_startd and
condor_master, would sending a kill -TERM to condor_master be okay, or
should I send it to both the startd and the master? Using 'condor_off'
is not possible because the client is logged in as an unpriviledged (?)
user.

John.

John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK  Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: John.Horne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx       Fax: +44 (0)1752 233839