Re: [Condor-users] Mac OS X support

I think you may have misinterpreted the full behaviour of the standard
universes.

They do not simply checkpoint, they also intercept all i/o and
redirect system calls to the submitting machine...this means the
submitting machine and the executing machine must be compatible at
that level.

see:
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.7/2_4Road_map_Running.html#SECTION00341100000000000000

Even if you were to compile (more importantly link but it's called
condor_compile) the code on a valid machine and then try to submit
from MacOSX to a redhat machine then it would attempt to 'talk back'
to your submit machine and be very unhappy at not finding the relevant
functionality.

To make it crystal clear:

If your OS is 'clipped' it cannot submit or run standard universe jobs...

Matt