Re: [Condor-users] advertise more than physical RAM?

Hi,

partly answering to myself, partly extending my question -

> I'd like to modify the Machine ClassAds in such a way that the memory
> value advertised is not limited to physical RAM (divided by two for
> dual-CPU machines) but I'd like to add some swap space as well (I know
> that this may introduce a performance drop, but some tasks are requesting
> more memory while not trashing swap too much). Will setting RESERVED_MEMORY
> to a *negative* value help?

Adding a line

RESERVED_MEMORY = -500

will give each of the two VMs 250 MB more memory (in the ClassAd).
Since I hate "magic numbers" I'd like to replace the "500" by something
that refers to the size of the virtual memory (for example, giving each
VM 1/4 of the total swap space should still be safe).

I tried

RESERVED_MEMORY = -($(VirtualMemory)/2)

and

RESERVED_MEMORY = -($VirtualMemory/2)

- without success. Any ideas?

Cheers,
 Steffen

--
Steffen Grunewald * MPI fuer Gravitationsphysik (Albert-Einstein-Institut)
SciencePark Golm, Am Mühlenberg 1, D-14476 Potsdam * http://www.aei.mpg.de