Re: [Condor-users] multithreading in condor?????

At 08:00 PM 12/11/2005 -0800, itpals wrote:

Hi Friends,

Can anybody tell me that condor latest version support multithreading or not on windows paltform.I have a large job that takes around 3-4 hour in excution so i want to modify my single threaded code to multithreaded code if condor is capable to schedule it on multiple machines.

If your code is multithreaded, all of the threads will run on a single computer. Condor does not automatically distribute your threads between multiple computers.

If you can break your job into discrete tasks, you might consider master-worker:
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/mw/

If you can break your job into multiple jobs (each one is a separate invocation of an application) you can consider DAGMan:
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/mw/

If you use MPI for communication between tightly couple processes, you can do that too:
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.7/2_11Parallel_Applications.html

I hope this helps.

-alain