Re: [Condor-users] Question for Maya users

On Dec 14, 2005, at 12:41 AM, Olivier Thibaut wrote:

Olivier Thibaut wrote:

I'm running Maya rendering jobs using Condor and one of my render nodes
recently came out with this problem:

Starting "/usr/aw/maya6.5/bin/maya"
Maya could not create the necessary startup directories.
Please check for sufficient disk space and necessary write permissions.

This machine used to be able to render previously and, well, I suppose something changed somewhere but I can't find what. I checked already the
diskspace of course, and the condor user also has the correct
permissions on its maya directory... I don't know what else to check. I tried chmod-ing Maya directory and condor user directory in 777 but it
doesn't help.
Any ideas ? Many thanks :-)

Olivier Thibaut.

I should add that when I run the same command line I give to Condor on
my own, it just works fine.

Condor may be running maya under its execute directory, which may be on a different volume than when you run it manually. 'condor_config_val execute' will tell you where Condor's execute directory is.

|            Jaime Frey            |  Public Split on Whether        |
|        jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx         |  Bush Is a Divider              |
|  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/  |         -- CNN Scrolling Banner |