re: [Condor-users] Changing the queue processing behaviour???

John Wheez <john@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
__________

>Hi all,
>
>  I was wondering if it is possible to change the behaviour that Condor
>uses when processing jobs.
>
>Right now condor seems to only do one owners job at a time.
>If i submit two jobs. job #2 doesn't start until job #1 is done.
>
>I'd like Condor to be able to allocate 50% of my resources to job #1 and
>50% of my available resources to job #2.
>
>Is there a way to do that?? or is it planned in the future??
>
>Thanks for any info, JW

Condor will try to run as many jobs simultaneously as it can find resources for.  So if you submit 5 jobs and have 5 resources (cpus) available, Condor will run 5 jobs at once.

Perhaps your situation is you have a pool with just one machine that has one cpu?  Thus only one job runs at a time?  If so, you can get 2 (or more) jobs to timeshare by setting
    NUM_CPUS = 2
in your condor config and then restarting Condor.