RE: [Condor-users] about scheduling algorithm in condor and condor-g

> Hi,
>
> I am new to condor and condor-g.
> I think that both condor and condor-g are scheduler for the
> jobs in the queue. However, May I ask a question on the
> scheduling algorithm used by condor and condor-g, are they
> using FIFO? can I change the scheduling algorithm in it?
>
> Thanks,
> Carson

Carson,

Search the archives for "When do machine RANK settings apply?" my
message dated January 12, 2005 details one way I've managed to mutate
condor into an almost job-priority based queueing system. There's
actually a new piece of information that I'm about to post in response
to Robert Parrott's post titled "Default User priority factor" that may
also interest you and was necessary to get our job-priority based stuff
working. It's not 100% perfect, but it's good enough.

To the condor team: pluggable negotiation algorithms would be a very
nice feature. :-)

- Ian