Re: [Condor-users] about scheduler advertisement

On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 01:16:06PM +0800, Carson Hung wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have read the condor manual and found that we can actually advertise the
> startd class-ad file for matchmaking in condor-g. For the similar idea,
> actually I think we can advertise scheduler class-ad file either, right?
>
> I have tried once, but seems that the collector in the remote machine
> ignore my advertisement.
> here is my file:
>
> MyType = "Scheduler"
> TargetType = ""
> Machine = "pc-0242.eee.hku.hk"
> ScheddIpAddr = "<192.168.1.1:32917>"
> MyAddress = "<192.168.1.1:32917>"
> Name = "pc-0242.eee.hku.hk"
> WantResAd = TRUE
> UpdateSequenceNumber = 2
>
> anything wrong with this file? and what should I do if I want to do the
> advertisement of scheduler?

How did you send the ad to the collector? You'll need to use a different
command to send it with, ie

condor_advertise UPDATE_SCHEDD_AD adfile

I don't understand why you'd want to do this, though. The schedd already
sends an ad to the collector. condor_advertise is for things that don't
send ads, like Globus gatekeepers. You can't matchmake on schedds (or
at least you can't with schedd ads)

-Erik