Re: [Condor-users] how can a condor job connect on a Map network drive for windows platform?

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 08:42:31 -0800, Oliver Hotz <oliver@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> one thing you can do, and which i have done, is mount the drive in the
> .bat file that you execute through condor
>
> look at the "net use x: \\computername\sharename password /USER:username"
>
> the above line would be for windows machines.
>
> after that.. you can use your regular X: drivemap pointer.

Note for win 2003 server the net command itself is no longer available
by default to the condor-reuse users... you can sort out your machine
builds to explicity make this available or alter the security in some
other way. I don't know if transffering the net executable and then
running it from your execute directory will work

This is one of many changes in win 2003 which can cause issues if you
are running any slightly dubious security hacks.
I don't know if this applies to the win64 beta or not but it is quite
likely given the common code base.

Matt