Re: [Condor-users] Is VirtualMemory updated at intervals?

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 12:57:10 -0500  "Ian Chesal" wrote:

> > Man! I'll my machines are reporting LastHeardFrom around
> > 1105117918 seconds! Is that seconds from epoch maybe?

yeah, that's right.  the unit is seconds, just like jeff said.  the 0
value is the "epoch".  this is standard practice... ;)

> > The available virtual memory never moves for any of the machines
> > running jobs. It's always fixed at the total amount of virtual
> > memory for the machine. And I've got some big jobs in there. 1GB++
> > in memory consumption.

and how much RAM is in your machines?  if they've all got plenty of
ram, the job isn't going to touch swap space, and condor will happily
keep reporting that all of your swap space is free, which it is.  we
don't combine free-swap and free-ram into the VirtualMemory attribute.

another explaination is that the UDP updates from your machines to
your collector are getting dropped.  you could try running your little
test script again adding "-direct execute-host-name" to the arguments
to condor_status.  that way, you can be sure you're getting the real
values the startd is computing, not just whatever values happen to
have last made it to the collector.

-derek