Re: [Condor-users] Is VirtualMemory updated at intervals?

Ian,

You could also turn on

STARTD_DEBUG = $(STARTD_DEBUG) D_FULLDEBUG

in your config file and watch the StartLog. Every 5 minutes or so you should see something like:

1/6 21:50:57 Swap space: 2710164

Which is the value (in kbytes) that we turn around and advertise. If your machine has a large amount of RAM however, its unlikely that the amount of available pagefile will fluctuate much.

If you're interested, we get the available swap value from the following win32 code snippet:

   MEMORYSTATUS status;
   GlobalMemoryStatus(&status);
   return (int) (status.dwAvailPageFile/1024L);

where dwAvailPageFile "Indicates the number of bytes available in the paging file.", according to Microsoft.

Colin