Re: [Condor-users] FS authentication failure

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 09:58:50PM -0500, Leslie Groer wrote:
> I get these authentication failures in the StartLog for all worker nodes
> in my Scientific Linux 3.0.3 Condor 6.7.2 setup.

hi leslie,

FS authentication can only be used to authenticate to a process that is
running on the same machine as the client, like condor_submit authenticating
tocondor_schedd.

the reason is that it writes a file in /tmp, and therefore two machines, each
with their own separate /tmp, cannot use this method.  you probably just want
to turn the authentication settings back to their default.

if you really desire host-to-host authenticationg, you'll want to use GSI or
KERBEROS.  there is also an FS_REMOTE which can be used on a shared filesystem
like NFS but i do not recommend this method since it usually has problems under
even a small load.

cheers,
-zach