Re: [Condor-users] Really slow job submission...

Tell condor to put the submit files on the local hard drive and not a network one if thats what you are doing.

I submit around 400 fames of animation and it takes sometimes 20 seconds or so even when we store all the files on the network.

JW
3D Artist / Digital Infrastructure Developer

Sean Looper wrote:

So I have a job that contains 240 tasks and it is taking upwards of 5 min to submit to a remote schedd on my LAN. The executable is a 6 line .bat file and no other files are being transferred. The most time consuming portion is when condor_submit returns “Spooling data files for 240 jobs”. Can anyone give me any suggestions for speeding up the submission?

Thanks!

Sean