Re: [Condor-users] condor_startd wont run

Eric Medina wrote:

i may have spoken too soon. I was able to run startd manually without any error messages. But when i do a "ps ax", it's nowhere to be found. Seems like it exited immediately. I checked the log and the same error message is there:

The startd is complaining that it can't find the "START" attribute in the condor_config file. This probably means that it is finding the wrong config file. If you can run the startd by hand fine, but not from bootup, maybe your environment has a CONDOR_CONFIG variable set to point to a valid config file, and the startd that is run from init does not. Or maybe vice-versa.

-greg