Re: [Condor-users] Job start with WinXP and Win2003Srv

Rainer,
You might want to check your OpSys ClassAd.  By default, when you submit a
job, Condor adds a requirement of OpSys equal to the OpSys on the
submitter.  I believe that Win2K shows up as WINNT50, XP as WINNT51, and
Win2003 as WINNT52 (I could be wrong).  You can add a requirements to your
submit and specify the additional OpSys values or you can force the
startd's to report as a single operating system by defining OPSYS in
condor_config (I chose the latter).

Hope this helps.
Bob

                      "BrÃcklein, Rainer"
                      <Rainer.Braecklein@arxes        To:       <condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                      -berlin.de>                     cc:
                      Sent by:                        Subject:  [Condor-users] Job start with WinXP and Win2003Srv
                      condor-users-bounces@cs.
                      wisc.edu

                      06/02/2005 05:03 AM
                      Please respond to
                      Condor-Users Mail List

Hello,

I have a little problem with starting jobs in a Windows only environment. I
have some XP stations and some Win2003 Servers in my pool.
With condor_status Iâll see all systems.
If I submit the little printname job from a XP station, all XP clients will
work fine, but no Win2003 Server.
If I submit the job from a Win2003 Server, then all Servers work, but no XP
station.
My condor master is on a Win2003 Server.

Any ideas?
Thanks for help.

Condor-users mailing list
Condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx