[Condor-users] Job Submisison Authorization

Hi,

 In the campus-wide Condor pool we're setting up we would like to have a different restriction policy for users/machines which can join the pool and users/machines which can submit jobs to the pool. Basically we would like a big pool but only a few submit nodes.

Currently there is nothing stopping a user on our campus from installing Condor on his/her laptop, joining our pool and submitting jobs. By using the ALLOW_READ and ALLOW_WRITE variables in the condor_config file we can either deny a machine from joining the pool AND deny a user/machine submitting jobs, or allow a user or machine to do both. How do we deny just job submission?

Thanks, Charles

Charles Kubicek, Research Associate

North East Regional e-Science Centre,

School of Compuing Science,