Re: [Condor-users] condor_q -xml bug?

On 6/17/05, Christopher Mellen <Chris.Mellen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Installation of the 'cygwin' tools will give you grep on windows ...

And more besides :¬). Cygwin is wonderful - though you would then find
yourself wanting to move to bash as your shell (no bad thing) that
said you may have existing cmd shell scripts so...

There is an native grep for windows (in fact there are several, google
is you friend on this) and by using this you can achieve what you want
for a single schedd.

I would however tend to agree that the xml output option should not
require any additional parsing prior to it being passed to an xml
handling tool - this is the chief reason I opted not to use it when I
wrote my command line wrapper library since I wanted to look at all
schedds and if I had to parse that and determine the xml fragments I
may as well just parse the plain text...
Adding an additional top level element for each daemon say <schedd
name='foo' ip='1.2.3.4' ></submitter> sounds like no bad thing and not
too much additional schema...

If you wanted to be really terse have a single <daemon
type='schedd|startd etc... ><daemon>

Imagine how simple it would be to pass the output of the command via a
stylesheet/transform directly to a webpage...

Matt