From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Froebe, Scott
Sent: 24 June 2005 18:49
To: 'Matt Hope'; 'Condor-Users Mail List'
Subject: RE: [Condor-users] Using condor to update condor

If I am understanding you guys correctly, you are thinking to wait for the whole cluster to stop crunching before updating.

Now, my thought is.  Why couldn't you send a command to each node (through an admin level command), that would tell them that at the completion of their current job, update your files from folder x?  Then restart/reconfig and hook back up to the queue.  Each node would upgrade itself at the next convenient time.  That way if you have a couple nodes running some big long runs, you don't waste the clock cycles on the other machines.

Scott