RE: [Condor-users] Using condor to update condor

In my opinion using Condor for this is a way too dangerous.

Just a thought - the simplest way to accomplish automatic updating is to
have a local scheduled task on each machine, which periodically looks up
some public location and checks for the version there ( just like
condor_master does for local disk ) Since the script runs locally it can
shutdown/startup condor, do any checks it needs, stop the service,
download the executables, and start the service, check that it is
running OK, and if not - rollback to the previous version and publish in
the classad that the update failed. In fact, I think that condor_master
is much more primitive than that.

One can think of even "forcing" update, in case of urgent security
update or something, by setting some "flag" file at the central server.