Re: [Condor-users] Behaviour of Windows "copy" command?

Thanks Matt,

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005, Matt Hope wrote:

> What does the std err and std out say. I'm guessing the executing user
> may not have access to c:\windows\temp (or indeed other directories
> outside the scratch dir).

Yup, you're right ...

[condor@WEREWOLF terragen]$ more error.txt
Access is denied.
Access is denied.
Access is denied.
Access is denied.

[condor@WEREWOLF terragen]$ more output.txt
        1 file(s) copied.
        1 file(s) copied.
        1 file(s) copied.
c:\windows\temp\test3.txt
        0 file(s) copied.
        0 file(s) copied.
        0 file(s) copied.
        0 file(s) copied.

> Plus you should be aware that it is dangerous to assume that
> c:\condor\execute is the base of your scratch dir or that it even
> exists. Unless you have total control over the execution environment.
> Many machines in our pool ended up having their execute directories
> moved to more sizable disks than c:

Indeed, the reason I was using the ENV VAR ...

So, now I see I don't have file access "out of the condor env", how do I
run code which insists on having a hard coded output path.

Actually, it's a basename type thing ... specified as

e.g. c:\anim\frame,10

Whereby the code creates c:\anim\frame0010 onwards ...

but... c:\anim\ must exist and I cannot subsitutue an env var or the like.

Hence trying to use a "known" writeable area ...

Odd that I can write to the c:\windows\temp OK, but am unable to copy from
there back to the temp execute dir

Any ideas how to cirumvent this?

Thanks

Rob

| Dr R P Fletcher    (Rob) | e  R.Fletcher@xxxxxxxxxx              |
| Graphics Coordinator     | t  +44 (0)1904 433816                 |
| Computing Service        | f  +44 (0)1904 433740                 |
| University of York       | w  http://www-users.york.ac.uk/~rpf1/ |
| YORK YO10 5DD, UK        |                                       |