[Condor-users] vanilla universe jobs and condor_shadow

Quick question regarding vanilla universe jobs and condor_shadow.
When a vanilla universe job runs, is the shadow process on the
submitting machine the one that's performing all the I/O for the
running job?

For example, we have an application running on our cluster that's
producing 12 megabyte images.  Are vanilla universe jobs sending all
the image data over the network for the submitting machine to write
out?  Also, is the submitting machine reading in the image data that
the job running on the cluster node requests?  If so, is there any way
to override this behavior so that all I/O is restricted to the cluster
node?

- Brian