Re: [Condor-users] vanilla universe jobs and condor_shadow

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 20:32:56 -0800, Brian Gyss <brian.gyss@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Quick question regarding vanilla universe jobs and condor_shadow.
> When a vanilla universe job runs, is the shadow process on the
> submitting machine the one that's performing all the I/O for the
> running job?
>
> For example, we have an application running on our cluster that's
> producing 12 megabyte images.  Are vanilla universe jobs sending all
> the image data over the network for the submitting machine to write
> out?  Also, is the submitting machine reading in the image data that
> the job running on the cluster node requests?  If so, is there any way
> to override this behavior so that all I/O is restricted to the cluster
> node?

In vanilla universe the only io to the submitting node is on
completion or inferred checkpoint.

At this point the contents of the working directory are copied back...

You could be using streaming IO of course which would stream back the
stdin and stdout on the fly but not (I believe) any other files
created.

Matt