[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Condor-users] Condor GUI preview available
I've put a preview version of GDI|Queue, our rendering interface
to Condor online at
- You need Java 1.5 installed.
- You need Condor 6.7.5 (it works more or less with 6.6.8;
but there's problems with the DAGs that seem to be solved in 6.7.5,
it may work with the earlier 6.7.x series, but I haven't tried
- You need the java universe configured in condor.
- You need the following in condor_config.local:
HAS_MAYA_60 = TRUE
HAS_MAX_6 = TRUE
HAS_XSIBATCH_42 = TRUE
JAVA_PATH = "$(JAVA)"
STARTD_EXPRS = HAS_MAYA_60, HAS_MAX_6, HAS_XSIBATCH_42, JAVA_PATH
JAVA_EXTRA_ARGUMENTS = -Xmx1024M -Dpath.maya.60=/usr/aw/maya6.0
-Djava.io.tmpdir=/tmp -Dpath.max.6=/opt/max/6 -Dpath.xsi.42=/opt/xsi/42
Obviously substitute the paths by the actual paths on your
machine, or turn off options if you don't have a certain
- Unzip gdi-queue.zip
- Go inside of the directory, and start the app as follows:
java -jar gdi-queue-application.zip
- First time, you will need to tell it about the location
of the condor binaries on your system, see File -> Preferences.
There's three panels: a machine view, a view that lists jobs
that are submitted from the local machine, and a view that lists
the jobs currently running in the queue.
To submit a job, click the Add button, select the template
you want; and set the input file and output file. E.g.
for the maya template, point the input to a .mb file, and
set the output e.g. to /tmp/image.0.jpg.
You will see the progress of the job in the view and can
browse all the logs.
- need to hook thumbnail generation of output files back up.
- needs quite a bit more testing. 3dsmax template is fully
Please let me know what you think (either at
filip@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or on this list). Feedback
is very welcome. I'm mainly looking for
- comments on overall structure of DAGs/submit files
- missing features
- people with burning desire to help support additional