[Condor-users] job stuck in idle for "unknown reasons" again

(This has probably come up on this list dozens of times
but the search function is broke on the website archive
so apologies if the answer is in there).

I'm trying to set up a submit only host running Linux
2.4x with Condor 6.6.8. When I submit a job, which works
fine on another (solaris) machine, it gets stuck in the
idle state with the dreaded

match, match, but reject the job for unknown reasons

I know the submission file and executable file work.
I don't think it's a firewall issue as I've tried turning
it off. So any idea what it is ??? The schedd and master
logs look fine on the submit side. On the central master
node there seems to be no trace of the job in the collector
and negotiator logs though ???

Is there _any_ more debugging I can do. I find Condor great
once it's working but an absolute *PIG* to install and configure.
Some FAQs about this kind of thing would be very useful.

cheers,

-ian.

----------------------------------- Dr Ian C. Smith, e-Science team, University of Liverpool Computing Services Department.